Special numerical techniques are already needed to deal with nxn matrices for large n. Tensor data are of size nxnx…xn=n^d, where n^d exceeds the computer memory by far. They appear for problems of high spatial dimensions. Since standard methods fail, a particular tensor calculus is needed to treat such problems. The monograph describes the methods how tensors can be practically treated and how numerical operations can be performed. Applications are problems from quantum chemistry, approximation of multivariate functions, solution of pde, e.g., with stochastic coefficients, etc.
You may also like
This text provides a strong foundation to precalculus that focuses on a small number of key topics thereby emphasising depth of understanding rather than...
- Math Teachers Survival Guide PDF
- ODE/PDE Analysis of Multiple Myeloma Programming in R PDF
- Mathematical Physical Chemistry Practical and Intuitive Methodology PDF
- Mathematical Analysis of Physical Problems PDF
- Bioinspired Superhydrophobic Surfaces Advances and Applications with Metallic and Inorganic Materials PDF