Designed for undergraduate mathematics majors, this rigorous and rewarding treatment covers the usual topics of first-year calculus: limits, derivatives, integrals, and infinite series. Author Daniel J. Velleman focuses on calculus as a tool for problem solving rather than the subject’s theoretical foundations. Stressing a fundamental understanding of the concepts of calculus instead of memorized procedures, this volume teaches problem solving by reasoning, not just calculation. The goal of the text is an understanding of calculus that is deep enough to allow the student to not only find answers to problems, but also achieve certainty of the answers’ correctness.
You may also like
This text provides a strong foundation to precalculus that focuses on a small number of key topics thereby emphasising depth of understanding rather than...
- Real Life Math Everyday Use of Mathematical Concepts PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction, 2nd Edition PDF
- Good Questions Great Ways to Differentiate Mathematics Instruction in the Standards Based Classroom 3rd Edition PDF
- Synergy in Supramolecular Chemistry PDF
- Inorganic Materials Synthesis and Fabrication PDF