The book opens with a general overview of the constitution and reactivity of organomagnesium compounds, followed by information on handling them and on their detection and estimation. Throughout, practical aspects aswell as principles are emphasized. The chapters on the synthesis of organomagnesium compounds cover the preparation of special forms of metallic magnesium and the reaction of magnesium with substrates such as dienes, as well as the traditional preparation of Grignard reagents. Preparations by metallation and metal-halogen exchanges are also included, as are newer methods such as hydromagnesiation of alkenes and alkynes.
You may also like
Smith’s Organic Chemistry continues to breathe new life into the organic chemistry world. This new sixth edition retains its popular delivery of organic...
Organonickel chemistry plays an increasingly important role in organic chemistry, and interest in this topic is now just as keen as in organopalladium...
- Principles of Physics From Quantum Field Theory to Classical Mechanics Vol 2 by Jun Ni PDF
- Chemistry, 4th Edition by Catherine E. Housecroft PDF
- Mathematics for Physics and physicists by Walter Appel PDF
- Nutrition for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses by Ann Wortinger PDF
- Modern Physics 4th Edition by Kenneth S. Krane PDF