This introduction to more advanced courses in probability and real analysis emphasizes the probabilistic way of thinking, rather than measure-theoretic concepts. Geared toward advanced undergraduates and graduate students, its sole prerequisite is calculus. Taking statistics as its major field of application, the text opens with a review of basic concepts, advancing to surveys of random variables, the properties of expectation, conditional probability and expectation, and characteristic functions. Subsequent topics include infinite sequences of random variables, Markov chains, and an introduction to statistics. Complete solutions to some of the problems appear at the end of the book.
You may also like
Mathematics with Applications in the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
The unique organization of Mathematics with Applications in the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences gives students four chapters of college algebra...
Topics in Algebra and Analysis Preparing for the Mathematical Olympiad by Radmila Bulajich Manfrino PDF
The techniques presented here are useful for solving mathematical contest problems in algebra and analysis. Most of the examples and exercises that appear in...
The goal of this book is to publish the latest mathematical techniques, research, and developments in engineering. This book includes a comprehensive range of...
- Mathematics with Applications in the Management, Natural, and Social Sciences 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Intermediate Algebra 2nd Edition by Margaret L Lial PDF
- Mad About Modern Physics Braintwisters, Paradoxes, and Curiosities by Franklin Potter PDF
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF