This book convenes a collection of carefully selected problems in mathematical analysis, crafted to achieve maximum synergy between analytic geometry and algebra and favoring mathematical creativity in contrast to mere repetitive techniques. With eight chapters, this work guides the student through the basic principles of the subject, with a level of complexity that requires good use of imagination. In this work, all the fundamental concepts seen in a first-year Calculus course are covered. Problems touch on topics like inequalities, elementary point-set topology, limits of real-valued functions, differentiation, classical theorems of differential calculus (Rolle, Lagrange, Cauchy, and l’Hospital), graphs of functions, and Riemann integrals and antiderivatives. Every chapter starts with a theoretical background, in which relevant definitions and theorems are provided; then, related problems are presented. Formalism is kept at a minimum, and solutions can be found at the end of each chapter.
You may also like
The new Sixth Edition of Anton’s Calculus is a contemporary text that incorporates the best features of calculus reform, yet preserves the main structure...
Precálculo 2ed es adaptable y está diseñado para satisfacer las necesidades de diversos cursos de precálculo. Es un texto integral que abarca más temas que un...
Calculus & Its Applications builds intuition with key concepts of calculus before the analytical material. For example, the authors explain the derivative...
- Plasma Physics An Introduction to Laboratory, Space, and Fusion Plasmas by Alexander Piel PDF
- Physics of Solar Cells From Basic Principles to Advanced Concepts 3rd Edition by Peter Würfel PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Standard Version by Paul A. Tipler PDF
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF