This book discusses the mathematical foundations of quantum theories. It offers an introductory text on linear functional analysis with a focus on Hilbert spaces, highlighting the spectral theory features that are relevant in physics. After exploring physical phenomenology, it then turns its attention to the formal and logical aspects of the theory. Further, this Second Edition collects in one volume a number of useful rigorous results on the mathematical structure of quantum mechanics focusing in particular on von Neumann algebras, Super selection rules, the various notions of Quantum Symmetry and Symmetry Groups, and including a number of fundamental results on the algebraic formulation of quantum theories.
You may also like
Mathematical Physics with Partial Differential Equations is for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students taking a course on mathematical physics...
More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum’s Outlines for their expert knowledge and helpful solved problems. Written by renowned experts in their...
Oxford Portraits in Science is an on-going series of scientific biographies for young adults. Written by top scholars and writers, each biography examines the...
- Elementary introduction to the Lebesgue integral by Steven G. Krantz PDF
- Organic Chemistry, 6th Edition By Marc Loudon PDF
- Finite Mathematics 7th Edition by Stefan Waner PDF
- Mathematical Physics with Partial Differential Equations by James Kirkwood PDF
- University Physics with Modern Physics 12th Edition by Hugh D. Young PDF