The techniques presented here are useful for solving mathematical contest problems in algebra and analysis. Most of the examples and exercises that appear in the book originate from mathematical Olympiad competitions around the world. In the first four chapters the authors cover material for competitions at high school level. The level advances with the chapters. The topics explored include polynomials, functional equations, sequences and an elementary treatment of complex numbers. The final chapters provide a comprehensive list of problems posed at national and international contests in recent years, and solutions to all exercises and problems presented in the book.
You may also like
Capturing student interest with a wealth of relevant, real world applications, Stefan Waner and Steven Costenoble’s FINITE MATHEMATICS, Fourth Edition...
This book has two primary objectives: It teaches students fundamental concepts in discrete mathematics (from counting to basic cryptography to graph theory)...
A First Course in Differential Equations with Modeling Applications 10th Edition by Dennis G. Zill A PDF
A First Course in Differential Equations with Modeling Applications 10th Edition by Dennis G. Zill strikes a balance between the analytical, qualitative, and...
- Elementary introduction to the Lebesgue integral by Steven G. Krantz PDF
- Organic Chemistry, 6th Edition By Marc Loudon PDF
- Finite Mathematics 7th Edition by Stefan Waner PDF
- Mathematical Physics with Partial Differential Equations by James Kirkwood PDF
- University Physics with Modern Physics 12th Edition by Hugh D. Young PDF