Most abstract algebra texts begin with groups, then proceed to rings and fields. While groups are the logically simplest of the structures, the motivation for studying groups can be somewhat lost on students approaching abstract algebra for the first time. To engage and motivate them, starting with something students know and abstracting from there is more natural-and ultimately more effective.
You may also like
Algebra for College Students is designed to provide students with the algebra background needed for further college-level mathematics courses. The unifying...
Is there anything more beautiful than an “A” in Algebra? Not to the Lial team! Marge Lial, John Hornsby, and Terry McGinnis write their textbooks and...
In Essentials of College Algebra, 12th Edition, the experience of master teachers helps students develop both the conceptual understanding and analytical...
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF
- Clinical Handbook of Feline Behavior Medicine by Elizabeth Stelow PDF
- Chemistry Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition by James N. Spencer PDF
- Physics of Magnetic Nanostructures by Frank J. Owens PDF