The lack of adherence to medication is a growing public health problem worldwide and is costing many patients their good health and healthcare systems billions of dollars. A new volume in the Emerging Issues in Analytical Chemistry series, Analytical Chemistry for Assessing Medication Adherence introduces the concept of medication adherence/compliance and reports international perspectives on medication adherence while highlighting its importance. It then describes the opportunities for analytical chemistry to assess medication adherence and thereby provide an evidence base for clinicians to improve patient health outcomes. The authors highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each of the analytical techniques cited in addition to categorizing the findings in terms of the biological samples used to assess adherence and identifying methods to extract biological samples prior to analysis. The final chapter provides the authors’ perspective in this area, emphasising the importance of medication optimization for individual patients.
You may also like
Providing a modern update of the field, Mossbauer Spectroscopy focuses on applications across a broad range of fields, including analysis of inorganic...
Recent advances in polymer research has led to the generation of high quality materials for various applications in day to day life. The synthesis of new...
Drug discovery is a constantly developing and expanding area of research. Developed to provide a comprehensive guide, the Handbook of Medicinal Chemistry...
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Standard Version by Paul A. Tipler PDF
- Thermal Physics Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers by Robert Floyd Sekerka PDF
- Theoretical Physics 3rd Edition by Georg Joos PDF
- Clinical Handbook of Feline Behavior Medicine by Elizabeth Stelow PDF
- Chemistry Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition by James N. Spencer PDF