This book offers an ideal introduction to the theory of partial differential equations. It focuses on elliptic equations and systematically develops the relevant existence schemes, always with a view towards nonlinear problems. It also develops the main methods for obtaining estimates for solutions of elliptic equations: Sobolev space theory, weak and strong solutions, Schauder estimates, and Moser iteration. It also explores connections between elliptic, parabolic, and hyperbolic equations as well as the connection with Brownian motion and semigroups. This second edition features a new chapter on reaction-diffusion equations and systems.
You may also like
This Ebook is concerned with both the theory of the Kurzweil-Henstock integral and the basic facts on Riesz spaces. Moreover, even the so-called Šipoš...
Elementary Introduction to the Lebesgue Integral is not just an excellent primer of the Lebesgue integral for undergraduate students but a valuable tool for...
Theory of Transformation Groups I General Properties of Continuous Transformation Groups A Contemporary Approach and Translation PDF
This modern translation of Sophus Lie’s and Friedrich Engel’s Theorie der Transformationsgruppen Band I will allow readers to discover the striking...
- Physics of Magnetic Nanostructures by Frank J. Owens PDF
- Encyclopedia of Interfacial Chemistry Surface Science and Electrochemistry by Klaus Wandelt Vol 1 – Vol 7 PDF
- Basic Semiconductor Physics Chihiro Hamaguchi
- Basic Semiconductor Physics by Chihiro Hamaguchi 3rd Edition
- Foundations of Modern Physics by Steven Weinberg PDF