This textbook provides an introduction to financial mathematics and financial engineering for undergraduate students who have completed a three- or four-semester sequence of calculus courses. It introduces the Theory of Interest, discrete and continuous random variables and probability, stochastic processes, linear programming, the Fundamental Theorem of Finance, option pricing, hedging, and portfolio optimization. The reader progresses from a solid grounding in multi-variable calculus through a derivation of the Black-Scholes equation, its solution, properties, and applications.
You may also like
Topics in Algebra and Analysis Preparing for the Mathematical Olympiad by Radmila Bulajich Manfrino PDF
The techniques presented here are useful for solving mathematical contest problems in algebra and analysis. Most of the examples and exercises that appear in...
The goal of this book is to publish the latest mathematical techniques, research, and developments in engineering. This book includes a comprehensive range of...
Updated and expanded, Discrete Mathematics for New Technology, Second Edition provides a sympathetic and accessible introduction to discrete mathematics...
- Calculus with Applications, 11th Edition by Margaret L. Lial PDF
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics 4th Edition PDF
- Precalculus 6th Edition by Margaret Lial PDF
- Mechanics of Materials, 8th Edition by Ferdinand Beer PDF
- Calculus Concepts and Contexts 2nd Edition by James Stewart PDF