As a source of detailed information on the chemistry of food, this book is without equal. It investigates components which are present in large amounts (carbohydrates, fats, proteins, minerals and water) and also those that occur in smaller quantities (pigments, flavours, vitamins and preservatives). The fourth edition has been extensively rewritten to bring it right up to date, with many of the figures also having been redrawn. A number of new topics, many of which will be of particular interest to nutritionists, have been introduced, including modified starches, naturally occurring antioxidants, the health benefits of broccoli, and the production of glucose syrup.
You may also like
Fatty Acids: Chemistry, Synthesis and Applications is a comprehensive source of information about a wide range of industrially important fatty acids. This...
Analytical chemistry is increasingly becoming an important basis for decision making in science, economy, trade, health care, environmental and consumer...
This volume presents leading-edge research from around the world on modern analytic methodologies in the chemistry and physics of engineering materials that...
- Comprehensive Sampling and Sample Preparation Analytical Techniques for Scientists PDF
- Concepts & Calculations in Analytical Chemistry, Featuring the Use of Excel A Spreadsheet Approach PDF
- Editors Hilary Clayton Peter Flood Diana Rosenstein Clinical Anatomy of the Horse, 1st Edition PDF
- Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Standpoint: Volume III Precision Mathematics and Approximation Mathematics PDF
- Exploring Chemical Analysis 4th Edition PDF