This self-tutorial offers a concise yet thorough introduction into the mathematical analysis of approximation methods for partial differential equation. A particular emphasis is put on finite element methods. The unique approach first summarizes and outlines the finite-element mathematics in general and then in the second and major part, formulates problem examples that clearly demonstrate the techniques of functional analysis via numerous and diverse exercises. The solutions of the problems are given directly afterwards. Using this approach, the author motivates and encourages the reader to actively acquire the knowledge of finite- element methods instead of passively absorbing the material as in most standard textbooks. This English edition is based on the Finite Element Methods for Engineering Sciences by Joel Chaskalovic.
You may also like
A wealth of examples to which solutions are given permeate the text so the reader will certainly be active. The Mathematical Gazette This is the final book...
Probability, Stochastic Processes, and Queueing Theory The Mathematics of Computer Performance Modeling PDF
We will occasionally footnote a portion of text with a to indicate Notes on the that this portion can be initially bypassed. The reasons for bypassing a Text...
- Comprehensive Sampling and Sample Preparation Analytical Techniques for Scientists PDF
- Concepts & Calculations in Analytical Chemistry, Featuring the Use of Excel A Spreadsheet Approach PDF
- Editors Hilary Clayton Peter Flood Diana Rosenstein Clinical Anatomy of the Horse, 1st Edition PDF
- Elementary Mathematics from a Higher Standpoint: Volume III Precision Mathematics and Approximation Mathematics PDF
- Exploring Chemical Analysis 4th Edition PDF